Wednesday, May 23, 2012

2012 May 23 - Morning Manna

And he took with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and began to be sorrowful and very heavy. Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me. And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt. And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour? Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak. He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done. (Matthew 26:37-42)
Today's Morsel: Just suppose that God searched through heaven and He couldn't find one willing to be the supreme sacrifice that was needed, the one that would buy eternal life for you and me. I'm so glad that Jesus was willing to drink that bitter cup, although He prayed that it may be taken away, He also prayed the Father's will be done. Death, sorrow, loneliness, pain, rejection, all sin in one cup to be placed upon the shoulders of one man, the Man Christ Jesus. Had it not been for Jesus where would we be? If He had not been willing to drink that bitter cup, what would life now hold for you and me? I am so thankful that He was willing to be the ultimate sacrifice for mankind. The writer of Hebrews informs us, "And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission" (Hebrews 9:22). It took royal blood to remove our sins. Thank God for Calvary.
Sing: Had it not been for a place called Mount Calvary, Had it not been for the old rugged cross; Had it not been for a Man called Jesus, then forever my soul would be lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment