Thursday, May 31, 2012

2012 May 31 - Morning Manna

Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles. He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street. A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth. He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law. (Isaiah 42:1-4)
Today's Morsel: Isaiah's song here describes Jesus as the Messiah and His ministry. Of all the prophets which wrote, none seem to bring to the forefront who Jesus was like the prophet Isaiah. I believe that when Uzziah died, and Isaiah saw the glory of the Lord (Isaiah 6), there was an immediate revelation as to the Mighty God in Christ. When Jesus said in Luke 4:16-22, "Today is this scripture fulfilled in your hearing," He was quoting from the prophet Isaiah (chapter 61). No description of Jesus could be more encouraging to us as we seek deliverance from hurts and our fragile emotions. God is gentle; He will not crush us. He will encourage us and bring about fairness for the wrong we may have suffered. Even as children, many of you may have endured abuse or wrongdoings that you did nothing to deserve. But we need to let go of the hurt and bitterness that we may feel and be clinging to, because Jesus will judge those who have done you wrong. Isaiah said that He shall bring forth judgment unto truth. He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he has set judgment in the earth. "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord" (Luke 4:18-19). God will come through for you. So hang in there.
Sing: I know that Lord will make a way for you. I know the Lord will make a way for you. If you live a holy life, shun the wrong and do the right; I know that Lord will make a way for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment