Friday, May 18, 2012

2012 May 18 - Morning Manna

If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small. (Proverbs 24:10)


Today's Morsel: Many people cannot handle adversity. They have great trouble dealing with any kind of hardship or misfortune. But for the Christian, adversity should not be hard to handle because Jesus has already told us in His Word that adversity is going to come. Therefore, we should prepare for it before it comes so that way we can easily combat it. Let me give you three tools to combat adversity.


1. A good conscience: A good sense of right and wrong will help you with adversity. Isaiah said: "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength" (Isaiah 26:3-4). When your mind is stayed on Jesus, you will see what He's doing and not what the advesary is trying to do.


2. Hope: Is something that brings pleasure. You have to be able to see beyond the adversity. Paul said, "For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it"(Romans 8:24-25). Solomon said, "Hope deferred maketh the heart sick: but when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life" (Proverbs 13:12). You must keep hope alive.


3. The Presence of God: When you keep yourself in the love of God, the presence of God will be there with you. I won't leave you nor forsake you scripture says (Hebrews 13:5). When Paul and those on the ship with him on the way to Rome were faced with a tempestuous storm, Paul said: And now I exhort you to be of good cheer: for there shall be no loss of any man's life among you, but of the ship. For there stood by me this night the angel of God, whose I am, and whom I serve, Saying, Fear not, Paul; thou must be brought before Caesar: and, lo, God hath given thee all them that sail with thee. Wherefore, sirs, be of good cheer: for I believe God, that it shall be even as it was told me"(Acts 27:22-25). When you know that God's presence is with you, you can face the adversity.


Sing: When in service for my Lord, dark may be the night, but I'll cling more close to Him, He will give me light. Satan's snares may vex my soul, turn my thoughts aside, but my Lord goes ahead, He leads wherever betide.


Oh I want to see Him, look upon His face; there to sing forever, of His saving grace; on the streets of glory, let me life my voice, cares all past, home at last, ever to rejoice.

No comments:

Post a Comment