Tuesday, August 31, 2010

2010 August 31 - Morning Manna

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.  (1 Corinthians 13:1-8)

Today's Morsel: Would you say that you have the love of God in your heart? When is the last time you did a love check to ensure you are in line with what the Lord desires of you? The way you can test yourself is to put yourself into the scriptures. I think I mentioned this before. So let's check ourselves based on this passage to check our love. Put your name in the blank and then answer "yes" if you do it, and "no" if you don't do it. If you come up short in an area, then you have something to pray about and work on in your life.

Though _________ speaks with the tongues of men and of angels, and has not charity, __________ is become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though _________has the gift of prophecy, and understands all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though _________has all faith, so that ________ could remove mountains, and has not charity, _________ is nothing. And though __________ bestow all his/her goods to feed the poor, and though ________ gives his/her body to be burned, and has not charity, it profiteth __________ nothing. ___________ suffereth long, and ___________is kind; ____________ envieth not; _____________ vaunteth not him/herself, ___________ is not puffed up, ________doth not behave him/herself unseemly, __________seeketh not her/his own, __________is not easily provoked, ___________thinketh no evil; ______________Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; __________beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. ____________ never faileth.

I pray that your love is strong and intact. Remember, God is love and as His children, we must be controlled by the laws of love.

Sing: I love Him! I love Him! Because He first loved me. He purchased my salvation, on Calvary!

No comments:

Post a Comment