Monday, August 2, 2010

2010 August 2 - Morning Manna

Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered. (Psalms 40:5)


Today's Morsel: Do you keep a running tab on all the things that God does for you? When is the last time you stood at church and told what the Lord has done for you? I believe the problem with many is that they wait for the big things that they can actually see; when there is no doubt in their minds that God did what they see; then they thank Him and tell others about it. But born again believers should not operate as such. We know that there are many things that Jesus does for us and therefore we should tell of His goodness in every service and share them with others on our jobs. How many times has someone paid for your food? Who do you think moved on their hearts to do it? God was looking out for you. How many times has someone offered to help you? Who do you think move on their hearts to help you? It was God seeing that you needed a help hand. And the list could go on and on. The psalmist said, "Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are toward us: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered." He was saying that he just couldn't tell them all nor put them in order of their priority of goodness and greatness. This scripture alone should cause you to praise God and thank Him for His goodness. As Paul said, "But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him"(1 Corinthians 2:9). Do you love Him? Are you thankful? Do you thank Him?

Sing: Said I wasn't gonna tell nobody, but I, couldn't keep it to myself; But I, couldn't keep it to myself. Said I wasn't gonna tell nobody, but I, couldn't keep it to myself, what the Lord, has done for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment