Thursday, August 12, 2010

2010 August 12 - Morning Manna

I will extol thee, O LORD; for thou hast lifted me up, and hast not made my foes to rejoice over me. O LORD my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me. O LORD, thou hast brought up my soul from the grave: thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit. Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness. For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning (Psalms 30:1-5).


Today's Morsel: One of my favorite songs is "When Morning Comes." The song mentions many things that we, as saint of God, may go through or face on a daily basis. We may even question God at times as to why they happen. Many may even turn bitter with God for allowing them to come into their lives. One verse says, "And we wonder why the test, when we try to do our best." I'm sure many of you have been asked or heard the question, "Why do bad thing happen to good people?" We really don't know, do we? But the song helps us by saying, "We will understand it better by and by." When this life is over, or maybe even before, God will reveal to us why He allowed certain things to happen the way that they did in our lives. God never promised that the road would be easy and the hill would not be hard to climb. And even if you are standing in the valley of decision and the adversary says give in, you just hold on and our God will show up right on time. The Psalmist said that He worshipped and praised God because the Lord had lifted him up, didn't allow his foe to rejoice over him, healed him, and kept him alive. He said that God's favor is to give life, weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. Jesus said, "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly" (John 10:10). If you are feeling down, hold on, joy is just around the corner.

Sing: Trials dark on every hand, and we cannot understand; All the ways that God will lead us to that blessed promised land; But He'll guide us with His eye, and we'll follow till we die, we will understand it better by and by.

By and By when the morning comes, and all the saints of God are gathering home, we will tell the story how we've over-come, we will understand it better by and by.

No comments:

Post a Comment