Friday, March 5, 2010

5 March 2010 - Morning Manna

My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise. Awake up, my glory; awake, psaltery and harp: I myself will awake early. I will praise thee, O Lord, among the people: I will sing unto thee among the nations. For thy mercy is great unto the heavens, and thy truth unto the clouds. Be thou exalted, O God, above the heavens: let thy glory be above all the earth (Psalms 57:7-11).


Today’s Morsel: The Psalmist said that his heart is fixed. That means that he is firm, steadfast, unmovable, and solid as a rock in God, doctrine, understanding, and faith. When your mind is fixed, you aren’t easily shaken. When our hearts are stayed on Jesus, we remain unshakable when trials, tests, and unexpected circumstances come. When our roots go deep in Jesus, Jeremiah said, “We shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit” (Jeremiah 17:8). When your heart is fixed, things aren’t going to faze you because your trust and hope is always in the Lord. The psalmist also says, “The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree: he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon. Those that be planted in the house of the LORD shall flourish in the courts of our God. They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing; To shew that the LORD is upright: he is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him” (Psalms 92:12-15). I know that you have your heart fixed today, so sing with all your heart to the Lord, because nothing shall be able to separate you from His Love.

Sing: I’ve got my foot on the rock and my mind's made up, though I walk through the lowly valley, though I drink from the bitter cup, when the devil comes a knocking trying to show me an easier way; I stand right flat on my feet, I throw my, head in the air, I look him, straight in the eye, I say my foot's on the rock and my mind's made up.