Wednesday, March 31, 2010

2010 March 31 - Morning Manna

And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven (Matthew 16:17-19).


Today’s Morsel: Jesus, the greatest leader who every walked the earth, got to a point where He felt He need to check and see how His training of the disciples was going. "And so when Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, “Who do men say that I the Son of man am?” And they said, some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets. He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God" (Matthew 16:13-16). I believe that Jesus may have said 'Thank goodness somebody is paying attention and listening here. Somebody finally understands what I’ve been trying to show you for the past three years. Peter you pass the test. And because you’ve been listening and know what I’m talking about, and where I’m coming from, I’m choosing you to be the leader after I’m gone. So I’m going to give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven and here they are.' Repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem (Luke 24:47). Have you been listening to Jesus when He speaks? Every time you open His word He is speaking to you. Are you grasping the meaning of what He is saying to you? The apostle Paul told the church at Galatia, "Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?" (Galatians 5:7). Solomon said, "Get wisdom and with all thy getting, get an understanding." Peter seems to be the only one of Jesus disciples that had an understanding of what He was teaching and instructing them, until after the resurrection, and then they all understood. What about you? How is your understanding today? Are you still confused about who Jesus is? Through the prophet Isaiah, the Lord said: "Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour. I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God. Yea, before the day was I am he; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who shall let it?" (Isaiah 43:10-13). Jesus said: “Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins (John 8:23-24). Do you know Him? Is your understanding of Jesus clear or is there still some fog? Peter got it because he was observant. If you really want to know Him, ask Him to reveal Himself to you and you just might be surprised what He shows you.

Sing: The Mighty God is Jesus, The Prince of Peace is He, The Everlasting Father, The King Eternally, The Wonderful in Wisdom, by whom all things were made, the fullness of the Godhead, in Jesus is displayed.

It’s all in Him, it’s all in Him, the fullness of the Godhead, it’s all is Him. It’s all in Him, it’s all in Him, The Mighty God is Jesus and it’s all in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment