Friday, March 26, 2010

2010 March 26 - Morning Manna

My hands also will I lift up unto thy commandments, which I have loved; and I will meditate in thy statutes (Psalm 119:48).

Today’s Morsel: The two huddled together, working line by line, bar by bar, composing the hymn, “Love Lifted Me.” The words were jotted down by James Rowe, and the music was hammered out at the piano by his friend, Howard E. Smith, whose hand were so twisted from arthritis that his friends wondered how he could play the piano at all. But there they were, James pacing back and forth while Howard banged away at the melody. When they finished, the world had the song, “Love Lifted Me.”

Often, we may think that it was our own power that lifted us from the situations and trials we went through, but if we were to look again, we would see that it was God that lifted us. The psalmist said, "My hands will I lift up unto thy commandements, which I have loved; and I will meditate in thy statutes." When we lift our hands in praise and adoration to Jesus, there is a freedom of submission of our will to His. When we lift our hands, it can be for many purposes, but none like praise to Him. With our hands lifted and our mouth filled with praise, it releases a sweet smell to our Saviour. I don't know about you, but with all my being I want to praise Him; and if that means lifting up my hands, that is what I will do, for He alone is worthy of my praise.

Sing: I was sinking deep in sin, far from the peaceful shore, very deeply stained within, sinking to rise no more, but the Master of the sea heard my despairing cry, from the waters lifted me, now safe am I.

Chorus: Love lifted me! Love lifted me! When nothing else could help, Love lifted me; Love lifted me! Love lifted me! when nothing else could help--- Love, lifted, me.

No comments:

Post a Comment