Tuesday, March 16, 2010

16 March 2010 - Morning Manna

Be strong and of a good courage: for unto this people shalt thou divide for an inheritance the land, which I sware unto their fathers to give them. Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest. This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest (Joshua 1:6-9).


Today’s Morsel: Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day, saying, “I will try again tomorrow.” Breaking bad habits can sometimes be difficult. The physical and mental pain that they cause can be grueling and hurtful. If you try to exercise more, quit smoking, quit drinking alcohol, eating healthier, or work less, it is never easy. Breaking a bad habit starts with courage, ends with discipline, and is fueled by desire. I read the following article recently, and would like to share it with you:

I am your constant companion. I am your greatest asset or heaviest burden. I will push you up to success or down to disappointment. I am at your command. Half the things you do might just as well be turned over to me, for I can do them quickly, correctly, and profitably. I am easily managed, just be firm with me. Those who are great, I have made great. Those who are failures, I have made failures. I am not a machine, though I work with the precision of a machine and the intelligence of a person. You can run me for profit, or you can run me for ruin. Show me how you want it done, educate me, train me, lead me, reward me, and I will then do it automatically. I am your servant. Who am I? I am a habit.

The author of this article is unknown, but the words are right on target. If you make good habits, they in turn will make you. But like weeds in a garden, bad habits can take over your life. We must develop habits that will keep us strong and of good courage and will discipline us to walk away from bad habits. Always remember, courage is a door that can only be opened from the inside by you.

Sing: He give strength to me, as I worship Him, as my heart is filled with praise, Jesus breaks the bands, as I raise my hands, He gives glorious victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment