Wednesday, March 17, 2010

17 March 2010 - Morning Manna

Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content (Philippians 4:11).


Today’s Morsel: What state are you in today? Are you in Wisconsin, New York, Taiwan, or Japan, just where are you today? Really, I’m not talking about a place of residence when I say state; I’m talking about the condition of your mind. One of the things we sometimes have trouble with in life is that when things aren’t going our way, we don’t know how to be content. The dictionary defines content as, “Satisfied with where a person is or what he has; not wanting more or anything else.” So no matter what my condition or situation is, I have to learn to be content. Jesus said, “Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth” (Luke 12:15). Therefore, we must realize that contentment is a state of the mind and we have to learn to be content with what we have and where we are and not try to keep up with the Joneses. If you are not content today, stir-up that gift that’s within you. Contentment comes by keeping your mind stayed on Him.

Sing: Why should I feel discouraged, and why should the shadows come, why should my heart feel lonely, and long for heaven and home. When Jesus is my portion, a constant friend is He, His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches over me.

I sing because I'm happy, I sing because I'm free. His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches over me.

1 comment:

  1. I am very interested in other's account of being "called" or "moved upon" by our Lord and Savior. Is it because I do not truly believe that I have not been called or moved? I feel pressure from within to accept and have faith but still feel wanting. Today's Morning Manna has spoken to me and my state.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete