Saturday, March 27, 2010

2010 March 27 - Morning Manna

Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again (Luke 6:38).


Today’s Morsel: Why has giving to the church and the work of the Lord taken on such an evil meaning? Why do people not want to give to the churches anymore? I’m not talking about finances only, but also time and talents as well. Where have we gone wrong? One of the problems with giving to the church is most people give grudgingly versus giving willingly and freely. The children of Israel were to give their offerings freely and willingly. Now that we have been engrafted into the church, we must give of our time, talents, and treasures willingly and freely. Paul said that God loves a cheerful giver. Just because a minister dresses nice, lives in a nice home, or drives a nice vehicle, should not stop you from giving to the church. It was God that ordained that the minister live from the tithes given to the church. Paul said you should not muzzle the ox that treads out the corn. Jesus said give and it shall be given to you. We should give because we love God, not because of who is ministering. If he’s not right, God will deal with him. Let me encourage you, don’t stop giving to the work of the Lord. God sees your heart and will reward you for doing what you know is right to do. That $20-$50 you give to missions just may save a soul or help feed the hungry. Remember, you can’t put a price tag on a lost soul. It may someday be one of your own.

Sing: I dreamed I went to heaven and you were there with me, we walked upon the streets of gold beside the crystal sea; We heard the angels singing, then someone called your name, you turned and saw this young man and he was smiling as he came. And he said, "Friend you may not know me now" And then he said, "But wait" You used to teach my Sunday school when I was only eight. And every week you would say a prayer before the class would start, and one day when you said that prayer I asked Jesus into my heart."

(Chorus)
Thank you for giving to the Lord I am a life that was changed. Thank you for giving to the Lord I am so glad you gave.

No comments:

Post a Comment