Friday, November 6, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 6 November 2020

 

What Did God Say?

 

And the disciples of John shewed him of all these things. And John calling unto him two of his disciples sent them to Jesus, saying, Art thou he that should come? or look we for another? When the men were come unto him, they said, John Baptist hath sent us unto thee, saying, Art thou he that should come? or look we for another? And in that same hour he cured many of their infirmities and plagues, and of evil spirits; and unto many that were blind he gave sight. Then Jesus answering said unto them, Go your way, and tell John what things ye have seen and heard; how that the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, to the poor the gospel is preached. And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.(Luke 7:18-23)

 

Today’s Morsel:  One of the things I have learned in church is that people want me to pray for them about certain situations that they may have, but oftentimes they don’t like the answer God gives me to tell them.  For some reason, many do not like God’s ways. And so, I guess if we are not going to like what He tells us, then maybe we should not pray and ask Him.  Yet God always has our best interest at heart and so we should always want to know what He says even if we do not like it.  He is our heavenly Father and He desires to give us an expected end.  Even if we get an answer that we may not like, I guarantee you that if we ponder the answer and accept His way, it will cause us to change and be a better Christian.  When John the Baptist sent his disciple to Jesus to ask Him if he was the one to come,  Jesus told them to go tell what things ye have seen and heard; how that the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, to the poor the gospel is preached.  And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.  And John said, He must increase, but I must decrease.  John accepted the answer and realized that his mission was now over.  He had prepared the way for the Messiah!

 

Sing:  I know the Lord will make a way for me.  I know the Lord will make a way for me.  If I live a holy life, shun the wrong, and do the right, I know the Lord will make a way for me.

 

Thought For Today:Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.(Luke 12:32)

No comments:

Post a Comment