Monday, November 2, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2 November 2020

 

Battles Are Won From Within

 

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.  
(Psalms 139:23
-24)

 

Today’s Morsel:  Many folks today are facing battles in their lives, and most of them are coming from within.  They have allowed things to come into their lives unaware and now they do not know how to deal with or defeat them.  To defeat the battle that is within us requires us to allow the word of God to get inside of us.  We must allow the word and the Holy Ghost to come in and do an inside job so that the things that come out of us will not defile us.  Rather they will be turned into things that will edify and exalt ourselves and others.  The Psalmist prayed and asked God, “Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.”  David states that God desires truth in the inward parts and in the hidden parts will He make us know wisdom.  Care to pray and to ask God to do an inside job on you?

Sing:  There is a fountain filled with blood drawn from Immanuel’s veins; And sinners, plunged beneath that flood, lose all their guilty stains. Lose all their guilty stains, lose all their guilty stains; And sinners plunged beneath that flood, Lose all their guilty stains.

Thought For Today:  “The toughest battle you will ever face in life is the battle with self.”

No comments:

Post a Comment