Saturday, November 28, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 28 November 2020

 

Slow to Speak Quick To Hear

Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath(James 1:19)

 

Today’s Morsel:  One of the mistakes of many folks is they listen to answer instead of listening to hear.  If a person interrupts you when you are talking, they are not listening to hear, they are listening to answer.  I believe that one of the reasons many folks take a longer time to recover from their troubles is due to the same reason.  They are not listening to hear.  James admonishes us, “Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear…” Do you listen rather than interrupt someone else?  What did you miss because you were not listening because you already thought you knew the answer?  I am sure you have heard the adage, “I know you think you understood what I said, but I am not sure that you understood what I meant.”   There is an old Chinese Proverb which states, “Be quicker of mind than of tongue.”  If you want to learn things, learn to listen, and you will be surprised what you may learn.

 

Sing:  I can hear my Savior calling. I can hear my Savior calling. I can hear my Savior calling, Follow, follow Me.

 

Thought For Today: “Be quicker of mind than of tongue.”

No comments:

Post a Comment