Friday, October 5, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 October 5

 O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether. Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it. Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me. Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee. For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them. How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!” (Psalms 139:1-17).

Today’s Morsel:  Do you ever stop to consider how important you are to God?  I think if people would realize how important they are to God and focus on the love that He has for them, and would not be overcome with what others think of them, they could prevent themselves from such low self-esteem, depression, troubled minds, and suicidal thoughts.  David writes that God knows everything about us. He even knew us when we were being formed inside of our mother’s womb.  He told Jeremiah, “Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations” (Jeremiah 1:5).  And because God knows everything about us and cares for us, the psalmist wrote, “How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!”  Aren’t you glad that Jesus loves you?

Sing:  I am so glad that Jesus loves me, Jesus loves me, Jesus loves me.  I am so glad that Jesus loves me, Jesus loves even me.



Thought For Today: I love you. (Jesus Christ)

2 comments:

  1. I think that you deserve compliments for your posts.They are really useful and intriguing.I'm trying to learn more knowledge and your articles are so useful for me.
    https://bit.ly/2QslLr4
    https://autoketing.com/project/sale-pop-master, autoketing.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire what you have done here. I like the part where you say you are doing this to give back but I would assume by all the comments that this is working for you as well
    currency converter box by autoketing , currency converter online 2018 , autoketing

    ReplyDelete