Thursday, October 18, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 October 18

“Then Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon. And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil. But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us. But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me. But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs. And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table. Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour” (Matthew 15:21-28).

Today’s Morsel:  We are told that if we have an emergency or need help in a crisis to call 911 or to send out an SOS signal.  But who do you call or what signal do you send when it’s a need that neither of these things can help you?  There are times in life when the only one that can help us is Jesus.  When my peace is gone, only Jesus can bring that back to me.  When my health is failing, the only one that can give me the strength that I need is Jesus.  The Syrophoenician women needed help for her daughter that not even Jesus' disciples could provide.  They said to Jesus, “Send her away; for she crieth after us.”  Once she moved from just asking for His help to worshipping Him and then asking for His help, she received what she desired.  I don’t know what kind of help you may need today, but Jesus does, and your worship to Him could make a difference.

Sing: I worship You, Almighty God, there is none like You.  I worship You, O’ Prince of Peace, that is what I long to do.  I give You praise, for You are my Righteousness.  I worship You, Almighty God, there is none like You.


Thought For Today:  A heart of gratitude always proceeds the an answer to the cry for Help 

No comments:

Post a Comment