Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 December 5

“Oh that I might have my request; and that God would grant me the thing that I long for!” (Job 6:8).

Today’s Morsel:  If you could have anything you wanted, what would be your request?  Would it be for something material or spiritual?  Job said that he wished that he might have his request; and that God would grant him the thing that he longed for.  By all accounts, Job wanted relief from his suffering.  Job was in much pain and suffering because of the attack of the enemy upon his flesh.  Scripture says in Esther 7:2-4, “And the king said again unto Esther on the second day at the banquet of wine, What is thy petition, queen Esther? and it shall be granted thee: and what is thy request? and it shall be performed, even to the half of the kingdom. Then Esther the queen answered and said, If I have found favour in thy sight, O king, and if it please the king, let my life be given me at my petition, and my people at my request: For we are sold, I and my people, to be destroyed, to be slain, and to perish. But if we had been sold for bondmen and bondwomen, I had held my tongue, although the enemy could not countervail the king's damage” (Esther 7:2-4).  Esther requested that she and her people would not be killed, and the king honored her request.  What is your request?  Jesus said you have not because you ask not.

Sing: Here my cry O’ God, attend unto my prayer, from the ends of the earth will I cry unto Thee, and when my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the rock that is higher than I, so much higher than I.

Thought For Today: You have not because you ask not.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Such an amazing and helpful post this is. I really really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I am just amazed. I hope that you continue to do your work like this in the future also
    friv Games
    friv free online Games
    Jogos para crianças 2019

    ReplyDelete