Saturday, December 16, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 December 16

“And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the LORD: And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them” (Exodus 6:2-3).

Today’s Morsel:  Most people today know that there is a God, and they call Him God.  But God is not a name, it is a title.  As God told Moses, “I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.”  They knew Him by a title, not by name.  The same way father, son, and Holy Ghost are not names but titles; so is God Almighty a title, not a name.  But God wanted Moses to know His name.  He wanted him to know the only name that delivers, saves, and makes people free.  And so He said my name is Jehovah, the self-existing one, the LORD.  When Phillip requested of Jesus to show them the Father and he would be satisfied. Jesus replied to him, “Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?” (John 14:9).  Jesus fulfilled Phillip's request by letting him know that the One he sought was Him.   Jesus … Jehovah is Salvation.  Today we can know our God by His name .... JESUS!

Sing:  Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, there's just something about that name.  Master, Saviour, Jesus, like the fragrance after the rain.  Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, let all heaven and earth proclaim kings and kingdoms shall all pass away but there's something about that name.  

Thought For Today:  Who do you say that He is?

No comments:

Post a Comment