Friday, March 10, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 March 10

"Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled; Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright"
(Hebrews 12:14-16).

Today’s Morsel:  It is said that one of the greatest causes of depression in a person’s life is bitterness.  People just seem to hang on to the hurts that others do to them and it turns into resentment and anger.  But what I have found that works for me when people say things that hurt me is that I must put that brick in the wall of my temple.  Some of the most beautiful fireplaces in homes I’ve seen are made from what I call “ugly bricks”.  This is the type of wall I mean that I build in my temple; you know, a wall using those bricks that people threw and hurt me.  I take them and make something beautiful out of them, not allowing them to depress me and hurt me even more.  What about you?   The next time someone says something to you that hurts you, see it as an “ugly brick” and stick it in your wall of praise in your temple.  Someday you’ll see how beautiful the Lord made it to be.  

Sing:  Something beautiful, something good.  All of my confusion, Jesus understood; all I had to offer Him was brokenness and strife, but He made something beautiful out of my life.

Thought For Today:  How many ugly bricks do you have?

1 comment:

  1. "...and forgive my debts, as I forgive all those indebted to me..."

    Let all adversity become the foundational building blocks of the kingdom of God in my life. Amen.

    ReplyDelete