Friday, March 3, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 March 3

“He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God” (Revelation 2:7).

Today’s Morsel:  Today is the birthday of telephone inventor Alexander Graham Bell.  He was born in Edinburgh, Scotland.  Bell and his father were involved in teaching deaf persons to speak. Bell developed an interest in the vibrating membrane as a method of electrically transmitting sounds.  His very first sentence spoken on the newly invented telephone on March 10, 1876, was to his assistant, "Mister Watson, come here, I want you."  Jesus said that if we have an ear then let us hear what His Spirit is speaking unto us.  The phrase, “He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches,” appears seven times in Revelations, chapters two and three.  Seven is God’s number of completion.  You see, we should get what He is saying to His church.  If we miss what God is saying to us seven times, then we are deaf to the Spirit and can never be an over-comer.  Do you hear when God speaks to you?  A life of obedience is that of a person who has ears and can hear what the Spirit of God is saying to them.

Sing:  When He calls me, I will answer; when He calls me I will hear.  When He calls me, I will answer, I’ll be somewhere listening for my name.

Thought For Today:  Effective listening is being able to repeat what someone says to you.

1 comment:

  1. "A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:" -Prov. 1:5

    "Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not." -Prov. 8:33

    Hear counsel, and receive instruction, that thou mayest be wise in thy latter end. -Prov. 19:20

    Listening = Wisdom

    ReplyDelete