Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 January 18

“Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you, to me indeed is not grievous, but for you it is safe” 
(Philippians 3:1)


Today’s Morsel:  One of the best sounds that a base runner trying to steal a base during baseball can hear is that of the umpire when he shouts, “Safe!”  Paul said that to write the same things to you, to him indeed is not grievous, but for you it is safe.  Someone said that there is safety in numbers.  Throughout scripture, we see warnings being given to us of things not to do and things that we are to do.  These are all for our safety.  Someone also said that doctrine teaches us how to live, while reproof teaches us what happens if we fail to live as we should. And righteousness teaches us how to behave, while corrections teach us what happens when we don’t behave.  Some folks don’t like correction and reproof, yet they are really for our safety.  We must remember that God always has our best interest at heart, and therefore we can expect to hear the same things repeatedly from His word.  But woe unto him that continues to reject it, Solomon said.  “He, that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy” (Proverbs 29:1).  Always remember something repeated twice is a wake-up call.

Sing:  Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so, little ones to Him belong, they are weak but He is strong.  Yes, Jesus loves me. Yes, Jesus loves me.  Yes, Jesus loves me, for the Bible tells me so.

Thought For Today:  Something repeated twice is a wake-up call.


No comments:

Post a Comment