Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 January 10

“And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? if the LORD be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word”
(1 Kings 18:21)

Today’s Morsel:  One of the things that we are starting to see in the church is inconsistency.  People who say that they are Christians live a lifestyle in total contradiction to the word of God.  There seems to be so many discrepancies and contradictions in what some think that a Christian is.  When God sent the prophet Elijah to His people to give them warning, it was for the same reason. Their lifestyle did not match who they said that they were. They had begun to live a life of compromise.  They were the people of God, yet they were embracing more of Satan’s ways than God’s ways.  Because of their inconsistency, Elijah told them to choose between God and Baal because they could not have it both ways.  Are you remaining consistent in your walk with Him?  The choice is easy, so choose you this day whom you will serve.

Sing:  Jesus, I’ll never forget what You’ve done for me. Jesus, I’ll never forget how You set me free.  Jesus, I’ll never forget how You brought me out.  Jesus, I’ll never forget no never.

Thought For Today:  Inconsistency begins with compromise (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment