Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 January 17

Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. (Malachi 3:8)

Today’s Morsel:  At the end of last year, while reading through my Bible for the year, this passage caught my attention.  Not that it hadn’t caught it before as I have preached many times from it about tithes and offerings.  But this time, what caught my attention was the onset question, “Will a man rob God?”  Ask yourself, are you robbing God? I’m not talking just about tithes and offerings, I’m talking about His character in your life.  Are you robbing Him of His ability to accomplish in you what He desires because you are not studying and applying His word to your life?  I’m talking about you robbing Him from calling you His sons and daughters because you love the world more than you love Him.  I’m talking about using the time that you promised you would spend with Him in communion to focus on sports, games, personal agendas, and worldly careers.  Friend, God loves you so much that He was willing to die for you.  Are you going to rob Him of His ability to rejoice over you?  Don’t rob God, not with your tithe and not with your love.

Sing:  Thank you, Lord for saving my soul; thank you, Lord, for making me whole.  Thank you, Lord, for giving to me, Thy great salvation so rich and free.

Thought For Today: Don’t rob God.

No comments:

Post a Comment