Thursday, November 3, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 November 3

“In those days, and at that time, will I cause the Branch of righteousness to grow up unto David; and he shall execute judgment and righteousness in the land. In those days shall Judah be saved, and Jerusalem shall dwell safely: and this is the name wherewith she shall be called, The LORD our righteousness”
(Jeremiah 33:15-16)

Today’s Morsel: One of the things about studying the Bible is we see that God is a God of righteousness, and that righteousness is the white linen of the saints of God.  Paul said that “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness” (2 Timothy 3:16).  In other words, the scriptures teach you how to live and how not to live.  How to behave and how not to behave.  Paul said that they give instruction in righteousness.  If we never learn who Jesus is and apply His word, we can never be right. “For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring” (Acts 17:28).  He is that Branch of righteousness.

Sing:  When you see me singing, I just want to be right. When you see me testify, I just want to be right.  When see me giving God the praise, I just want to be right.  When you see me worshiping the Lord, I just want to be right.

Thought For Today:  Jehovah Tsidkenu: The Lord my Righteousness! 

No comments:

Post a Comment