Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 November 16

Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. (Philippians 4:11)

Today’s Morsel:  There seems to be lots of folks who are discontented these days.  I am an observer of people.  I like to watch peoples' actions.  And most of the time I can tell what they are battling with in their lives.  It is amazing to me the number of people that I see arguing with pharmacists about not being able to get certain medicines because the doctor or someone did not put in a prescription.  I see those that are overworked and under paid.  Others who got the wrong knight in shining armor, or the wrong princess with the golden slipper.  Somewhere they were hoodwinked by the enemy of their soul.  And now it is hard for them to find contentment with life.  Paul said that he had to learn contentment.  Like so many of us, Paul went through many things in his life.  And it was those things that taught him contentment.  He learned how to wait and depend on God no matter where he was and what he was facing.  That’s what learning contentment is.  It is realizing our error and learning not to run again into the same old trap.  As my wife says, “I’m not sticking my hand twice into the cage of the dog that bit me once.”  If you are without contentment, why not trust Jesus and His word.  Become obedient to His word and you will develop contentment.

Sing:  I need Thee, O’ I need Thee, every hour I need Thee. O’ bless me now my Savior, I come to Thee.

Thought For Today:  Contentment is just another word for satisfied. (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment