Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 Nov 1

“Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. Hear now, O house of Israel; Is not my way equal? are not your ways unequal? When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die. Again, when the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive. Because he considereth, and turneth away from all his transgressions that he hath committed, he shall surely live, he shall not die. Yet saith the house of Israel, The way of the Lord is not equal. O house of Israel, are not my ways equal? are not your ways unequal? Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord GOD. Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin. Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel? For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye” (Ezekiel 18:25-32).

Today’s Morsel:  I have often heard siblings tell their parents that it isn’t fair that one of their other siblings got something that they didn’t.  What they are saying to their parents is, “You aren’t being fair?”  This is what the Lord was saying to Israel.  You say that I am not equal.  But really, it’s the other way around.  We are the ones that are not equal.  Some people say that God isn’t fair or equal.  But He is.  Those who say that God is unfair don’t know Him.  He causes it to rain on the just and unjust equally.  He died for the whole world.  And He established a plan of salvation that is equal for everyone because He has no pleasure in people’s death.  “Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call” (Acts 2:38-39).   He couldn’t be God if He was unfair.

Sing:  I know the Lord will make a way for me.  I know the Lord will make a way for me.  If I live a holy life, shun the wrong and do the right.  I know the Lord will make a way for me.

Thought For Today: Those who say that God is unfair don’t know Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment