Thursday, June 30, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 June 30

I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad. O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together.
(Psalms 34:1-3)

Today’s Morsel:  Throughout the Psalms, we find that it calls for us to praise and to magnify the Lord.  I believe that David found that if he kept praising God in his adversity, then he would be able to stay focused and keep himself headed in the right direction.  Adversity and depression can hinder our praise if we let it.  But if we exalt others to praise Him with us, we can lift ourselves out of the pit and despair that we may be in. And so, like the psalmist, we should cry, “O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together.”  When our praises go up, the blessings will come down.  If we make God bigger in our life through our praise, He will be seen bigger in the eyes of others.

Sing:  Magnify the Lord with me, Blessed Lamb of Calvary, for His grace so rich and free, magnify the Lord with me.  Magnify the Lord with me, Blessed Lamb of Calvary, Jesus gives us liberty, oh, magnify the Lord with me.

Thought For Today:  If we make God big in our life through our praise, He will be seen bigger in the eyes of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment