Friday, June 17, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 June 17

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him. The LORD is their strength, and he is the saving strength of his anointed. Save thy people, and bless thine inheritance: feed them also, and lift them up for ever.
(Psalms 28:7-9)


Today's Morsel:  One of the things about aging is that our strength can begin to wane.  Therefore, it is essential that we do those things that will help us maintain our physical strength as well as our spiritual strength on a day to day basis.  The psalmist said that the Lord was his strength and shield.  He saw God as his power and his protector.  He said that by God he could run through a troop and leap over a wall.  Therefore, he said his heart trusted in Him and he was helped.  When we trust in the Lord with all our heart and we do not lean not unto our own understanding, we, too, will see that He is our strength, shield and helper.  When we maintain consistency in praise, worship, reading and obeying God’s word, it will help us to stay strong in His power and might and we will see His protective hand at work for us.  Caleb was as strong at 85 as he was at 40 all because he put his trust in the Lord.  What about you?  Do you find Him to be the the saving strength of His anointed and the saving strength of His right hand.  Are you strong in Him?

Sing:  What have I to dread, what have I to fear, leaning on the everlasting arms?  I have blessed peace with my Lord so near, leaning on the everlasting arm.
Leaning, leaning, safe and secure from all alarms; leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

Thought For Today: Strength for today begins with eating your morning manna.

No comments:

Post a Comment