Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 June 14

Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved: For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth. (Romans 9:27-28)

Today’s Morsel:  Have you ever had someone ask you to help them with some work and they tell you that it will only take about an hour, but you find yourself working longer?  Did you feel cheated?  Paul said that Isaiah had cried that the Lord would do a short work upon the earth in righteousness.  Within three years, Jesus chose twelve men, taught them in the way of righteousness, and sent them forth to establish His church in righteousness.  A short work.  What are we establishing?  Every church must be established in righteousness or it will not stand.  We, too, can do a short work if we forget about the numbers and stick to establishing His righteousness.

Sing: I’ll be somewhere working! I’ll be somewhere working! I’ll be somewhere working for my Lord. I’ll be somewhere working! I’ll be somewhere working! I’ll be somewhere working for my Lord.

Thought For Today: Let’s getter done for Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment