Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 June 21

Let brotherly love continue. Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.
(Hebrews 13:1-2)

Today’s Morsel:  Since I have been in church, I have seen many visitors come to the church.  Some come and stay, while others never return.  I have had many of them say to me, Oh we are just passing through, or we are just visiting.  It’s those that say that to me that make me wonder if I am entertaining angels?  When Jesus visited certain synagogues and homes, the people had no idea who He was.  Some rejected Him while others embraced Him. What would you do if you knew that those visiting your house were angels.  Would you treat them differently?  Would you go out of your way to make them feel more welcome?  If we would, then that shows us that we have bias in our hearts and that it needs to be removed.  Brotherly love must be shown towards all people, not just the elite or someone who looks like us or dresses like us.  For Isaiah said of Jesus, “For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him” (Isaiah 53:2).   If we are not willing to shake hands or give a hug to a stranger, then we should not expect to shake hands and give a hug to Jesus.  It’s only by our willingness to do it to others that we will be able to do it to Him.

Sing:  As I looked in the crowd, I saw one I did not know; his face was broken from the bitter of the cold.  I said, Sir may I help you and he looked up to me. “I’m just a visitor passing by today, but does your church preach Jesus, that He’s the only way?  Does it tell of His shed blood for the sins of the world?  Do you baptize in Jesus name; the only name by which man can be saved? Does it preach that old rugged cross so despised by the world? And do you welcome everyone the way that He said?”

Thought For Today: Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

No comments:

Post a Comment