Friday, April 29, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 April 29

And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight. (Acts 20:7)

Today’s Morsel:  Have you ever missed a flight?  How did you feel?  I don’t know about you, but when I’m flying, I like to get to the airport and my gate early to avoid missing my flight and hassling with the crowd and late comers. Scripture says, “And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight. ” I don’t know if this was Paul’s sermon title, “Ready To Depart On Tomorrow”, or if he was ready to depart to his next journey the next day.  But either way, he seemed to have preached to them to be ready to depart.  Jesus said, “And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through. Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not” (Luke 12:39-40).  Are you ready to depart when He comes?  You don’t want to miss your final flight.

Sing:  Get up, great ready, we’re getting ready to go.  Get a move on time cause in a little while, we’ll be going home. I made up my mind, I’m not wasting time.  The trumpet’s about to blow, so get up, get ready, we’re getting ready to go. (Gold City)

Thought For Today: Staying ready today will ensure you’re ready to depart tomorrow.

1 comment:


  1. Wow! Such an amazing and helpful post this is. I really really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I am just amazed. I hope that you continue to do your work like this in the future also
    io jogos online
    friv com Games play
    a10 games for kid

    ReplyDelete