Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 April 13

For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end. (Luke 22:37)

Today’s Morsel:  Let me ask you a few questions today. Do you have a file in place of what you want when you die?  Does your family know what your wishes are about your estate?  Who have you trained to replace you as pastor or in your area of ministry? How do you want your finances divided?  Who do you want to do your funeral?  I know that these may not be questions we like to think about over our morning coffee, but whether we like to think about it or not, we do all have an end to our time here on earth.  Even Jesus' time on earth had an end and we are no exception to the rule.  (Ecclesiastes 3:2)   As Paul admonished us, “For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out” (1 Timothy 6:7).  I know that the things concerning me have an end, even my ministry, and so I’m making plans for when the end comes.  I am laying up treasures in heaven.  I want to hear, "Well done, my good and faithful servant."  What about you?

Sing:  Well, I’m getting ready to leave this place. I’m getting ready for those gates of pearls. Keeping my record straight, watching both day and night, well I’m getting ready to leave this place.

Thought For Today: Are your records in order?

1 comment: