Saturday, April 9, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 April 9

"And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there: And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage."
(John 2:1-2).

Today’s Morsel:  Jesus’ first miracle of turning the water into wine at the marriage in Cana of Galilee has confounded many.  Some have even used this story to justify why they drink.  But the marriage isn’t about being without wine and Jesus turning the water into wine, the miracle is about the Holy Ghost.  The best for now!  When the Holy Ghost was poured out on the Day of Pentecost, Peter began to preach and told the people, “But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: ...” (Acts 2:16-17).  As the governor told the bridegroom, you’ve saved the best until now (John 2:10).  Writing to the Hebrews, Paul said, “God having provided some better thing for us…” (Hebrews 11:40).  You see, our forefathers didn’t receive the Holy Ghost because Jesus was not yet glorified (John 7:37-39).  But it is now for us today.  Have you tasted of that New Wine?

Sing:  Fill my cup Lord, I lift it up Lord, come and quench this thirsting of my soul. Bread of heaven, feed me till I want no more; here’s my cup fill it up and make me whole.

Thought For Today:  Jesus always has something better for His disciples.  

No comments:

Post a Comment