Tuesday, November 24, 2015

2015 November 24 - Morning Manna

O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: because his mercy endureth for ever. Let Israel now say, that his mercy endureth for ever. Let the house of Aaron now say, that his mercy endureth for ever. Let them now that fear the LORD say, that his mercy endureth for ever. I called upon the LORD in distress: the LORD answered me, and set me in a large place. The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me? The LORD taketh my part with them that help me: therefore shall I see my desire upon them that hate me. It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man. It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in princes. All nations compassed me about: but in the name of the LORD will I destroy them. They compassed me about; yea, they compassed me about: but in the name of the LORD I will destroy them. They compassed me about like bees; they are quenched as the fire of thorns: for in the name of the LORD I will destroy them. Thou hast thrust sore at me that I might fall: but the LORD helped me. The LORD is my strength and song, and is become my salvation. (Psalms 118:1-14)

Today's Morsel:  I hear a lot on the news about the  Obama Administration not doing enough to fix the problem with ISIS killing Christians.  I heard a man on the news the other day saying that they aren't doing anything.  Well, I for one do not put my trust in anyone to deal with today's issues but God.  David said the Lord in on my side. He said that is better to trust in the Lord then to put our confidence in man.  And so, since the word is inspired by God, that is where I will put my trust and that is where I will put my confidence.  Not in man, but God.  David also said, "Now know I that the LORD saveth his anointed; he will hear him from his holy heaven with the saving strength of his right hand. Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God" (Psalms 20:6-7).  The last time I checked, 2 Chronicles 7:14 is still as applicable today as it was over 6,000 years ago, "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land" (2 Chronicles 7:14).  I just wonder what God would do for the Christian community if we do what His word tells us.  Let's humble ourselves, and join together in prayer.  I'm thankful that I know He hears my cry and that His mercy endures forever. 

Sing:  Hear my cry old Lord, attend unto my prayer, from the ends of the earth will I cry unto Thee, and when my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the rock that is higher than I, so much higher than I.

Thought for Today: Be still and see the salvation of the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment