Monday, November 9, 2015

2015 November 9 - Morning Manna

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
(1 Corinthians 13:11)

Today's Morsel:  I've noticed that almost everything that is made or is being made today, seems that even the smallest child can use or operate it.  There seems to be nothing being made anymore that an adult can use and then teach his child how to use.  The child seems to know how to operate it before the parent does.  I guess, since more adults seem to be without wisdom, knowledge, and understanding, and their ways are more childish, the world is saying, we simply need to develop more childlike things for them.  Paul said that when he was a child, he spake as a child, he understood as a child, he thought as a child: but when he became a man, he put away childish things.  I believe there comes a time in every man's life that he has to reevaluate his toys.  One of the best things that has ever been created was the Bible.  It's the one toy (if you want to call it that) that both adults and children can play with, have lots of fun, find excitement in, and never have to worry about outgrowing.  It's the only thing that never grows old, and that you never outgrow.

Sing: Aren't you getting just a bit tired of fooling around, you try to act your way through life but you're not gaining ground. Why not try the Lord today, just ask Him in your heart to stay, and you'll find Jesus' loves to be the greatest thing that you've ever found.
Jesus got a hold of my life and He won't let me go. Jesus got into my heart, He got into my soul.  I use to be oh so sad, but now I'm happy, free and I'm glad, cause Jesus got a hold of my life and He won't let me go.  

Thought for Today:  When is the last time you checked your toy box?

No comments:

Post a Comment