Friday, November 27, 2015

2015 November 27 - Morning Manna

This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. (Joshua 1:8)

Today's Morsel:  If someone were to ask you to tell them your greatest success story, what would it be?  I've been hearing a lot in the news lately about the two females that recently completed Army Ranger School.  I read about them having to be recycled because they failed certain requirements during the course.  They can now say that they were successful in completing the course.  I know that when I was a Drill Instructor, there were many soldiers I had to recycle because they could not pass certain requirements.  But those same soldiers stuck with it and went on to become good soldiers.  You see, that's what success is.  It's going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm, said Sir Winston Churchill.  We may fail time and time again trying to reach righteousness, holiness and perfection, but if we keep pressing toward the mark of the prize with enthusiasm and faithfulness, I believe we will hear Him say, well done thy good and faithful servant.

Sing:  I'm pressing on the upward way, new heights I'm gaining every day; still praying as I'm onward bound, "Lord plant my feet on higher ground."
Lord, lift me up and let me stand, by faith on heaven's table land, a higher plane than I have found; Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.

Thought for Today: "Success is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm." Sir Winston Churchill

No comments:

Post a Comment