Monday, March 2, 2015

2015 March 2 - Morning Manna

If thine enemy be hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he be thirsty, give him water to drink: For thou shalt heap coals of fire upon his head, and the LORD shall reward thee. (Proverbs 25:21-22)

Today's Morsel:  It has been stated that "We have found the enemy and he is us." Isn't it sad that we can become our own worst enemy.  We can create our own problems and then expect someone else to fix them for us.  And believe me, there are people out there who are making millions of dollars every year doing just that.  They are directing people how to fix the problems that they have created for themselves.
 When I first arrived in Okinawa, I had a man that hated me because I was a Christian.  But I kept reaching out to him with love and kindness and then one day this man hit a very hard spot in his life and I was able to minister to him.  This man became saved and a very good friend and prayer partner with me, and he served God for the rest of his days upon the earth.  Solomon said, "If thine enemy be hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he be thirsty, give him water to drink: For thou shalt heap coals of fire upon his head, and the LORD shall reward thee."  Have you thought about feeding yourself the bread of life?  If the saying we started with is true, and we are our own enemy; then we should feed ourselves the word of God.  Let me encourage you today, if you have enemies, follow Solomon's advice and God will reward you.

Sing:  He's my bread when I'm hungry, He's my water when I'm thirsty. He's my shelter in the time of the storm. He's the Lily of the Valley, the Bright and Morning Star. Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, He's my all.

Thought for Today: "Always forgive your enemies. Nothing annoys them so much."  Oscar Wilde. 

No comments:

Post a Comment