Saturday, March 21, 2015

2015 March 21 - Morning Manna

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit (Romans 8:1)

Today's Morsel:  Having taught a lesson a few weeks ago on The Purpose of Self-Examination, my mind was again drawn to this passage.  I would never have thought that I would see the day when so many people who are supposed to be filled with God's Spirit, which brings with it joy and peace, be so depressed,  disappointed, have such low self-esteemed, and walk around with such self-condemnation.  These things are not of God, they are of the devil.  Somehow, many folks are allowing the enemy of their soul to gain too much authority and power over their lives.  Somewhere there is not enough persuasion of God's ability to work on their behalf and to make ways for them where there seems to be no way.  If we do not become doers of the Word of God, depression, disappointments, condemnation, and distress are going to overpower us.  Paul wrote to the church at Corinth, "But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway" (1 Corinthians 9:27).  I'm not going to preach something to someone else if I don't believe it myself.   The day that I don't think that God can work on my behalf is the day that I would need to stop serving Him.  If we tell the sinner and the lost that they need salvation, and then we turn around and present God in our lives as being weak, who is going to believe us?   If we can't hold things together when things come against us in our life, who's going to believe us that God is able to do exceeding and abundantly above and beyond?   If we get upset and pout every time someone says something or does something that we don't like, who's going to believe that we have the Holy Ghost.  Let me encourage you, anytime the aforementioned things seem to be taking place in your life, lift your hands and praise God, and allow Him to work on your behalf.  He will work if we will let him.

Sing:  Lord, I lift my spirit, to Your Spirit, in holy sweet communion, I sense Your Holy Presence as I draw nearer, Lord I lift my spirit to You.

Thought for Today:  In every situation, He's only a praise away.

No comments:

Post a Comment