Tuesday, March 31, 2015

2015 March 31 - Morning Manna

 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong. (2 Corinthians 12:7-10)

Today's Morsel:  "If we are strong, our character will speak for itself. If we are weak, words will be of no help" (President John F. Kennedy).  Notice, if we are strong, our character will be strong too.  By all accounts, Paul was a man of character.  Paul was strong in his faith and his relationship with God.  Paul did not take his salvation nor ministry lightly.  Paul had been educated in the law of God and he knew the Word of God.  Even though he didn't have the full revelation of truth until he met Jesus on the road to Damascus, he was able to take that truth and couple it with what he knew to give himself understanding and to make himself strong in the Lord.  And when he was tempted, beaten, shipwrecked, stoned, persecuted, lied on, and imprisoned, he would say, "But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God" (Acts 20:24); "Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong"(2 Corinthians 12:10).  Character is not born in the heart of battle, it comes from how you live your life on a day to day basis.

Sing:  He gives strength to me, as I worship Him. As my heart is filled with praise, Jesus breaks the bands, as I raise my hands, He gives glorious victory.

Thought for Today: Character still counts in the child of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment