Tuesday, March 22, 2011

2011 March 22 - Morning Manna

"The LORD reigneth; let the people tremble: he sitteth between the cherubims; let the earth be moved. The LORD is great in Zion; and he is high above all the people. Let them praise thy great and terrible name; for it is holy. The king's strength also loveth judgment; thou dost establish equity, thou executest judgment and righteousness in Jacob. Exalt ye the LORD our God, and worship at his footstool; for he is holy. Moses and Aaron among his priests, and Samuel among them that call upon his name; they called upon the LORD, and he answered them. He spake unto them in the cloudy pillar: they kept his testimonies, and the ordinance that he gave them. Thou answeredst them, O LORD our God: thou wast a God that forgavest them, though thou tookest vengeance of their inventions. Exalt the LORD our God, and worship at his holy hill; for the LORD our God is holy"(Psalms 99:1-9)


Today's Morsel:  When we worship God, we are acknowledging God for who He is.  And when we praise Him, we are thanking Him for what He has done and is going to do.  When we worship, we open ourselves up for more of God.  The earth is God's footstool.  Therefore, we are in the earth and we should worship Him.  Throughout scripture, we are told to worship the Lord.  We are told to come before His presence with singing.  We are told to lift up holy hands and to praise Him.  Our forefathers were worshippers.  We must exalt the Lord our God.  When I think of the goodness of Jesus and all that He's done for me, my soul cries out hallelujah, and I thank God for saving me.  David wanted to ensure that his praise was accepted of God, and so he said, "Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer" (Psalms 19:14).  Jesus was serious about us worshipping Him.  He told the woman at the well, "Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.  God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth" (John 4:21-24).  Worship just seems to bring us a little bit closer each time to God.  And the more I worship, it's going to lead me to that perfect day.

Sing: 1. I love you Lord, and I lift my voice, to worship you, O' my soul rejoice, take joy my King, in what you hear, let it be a sweet, sweet sound in your ear. (Chorus) 
2. For Thou O' Lord art, high, above all the earth, Thou are exalted, far above all gods.  For Thou O' Lord art high, above all the earth, Thou art exalted far above all gods. (Chorus) 
Chorus:  We exalt Thee! We exalt Thee! We exalt Thee, O' Lord! We exalt Thee! We exalt Thee! We exalt Thee, O' Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment