Monday, March 21, 2011

2011 March 21 - Morning Manna

"Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases. And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick" (Luke 9:1-2).

Today's Morsel:  Where has the church erred?  Does it seem as though the church has lost its power.  We pray for people, but it seems that they aren't healed, and so we question if God is hearing us.  Jesus gave us power to tread over all the power of the enemy, and He told us, "Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.  He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover" (Mark 16:15-18).  So what is going on with the church? Why does it seem as though the church isn't effective?  Why does it seem as though the wicked and unjust are maintaining the upper hand?  I don't believe the church has lost its power, I believe the church has lost its love.  Jesus said, "By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another" (John 13:35).  Paul said, "Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.  And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away" (1 Corinthians 13:1-8).  We are the church, (not a building but a people) and if we lose our love for one another, than certain things are going to cease.   John said, "If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well: But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors" (James 2:8-9).  And so I am of the belief that until we start to love the way that Jesus told us to love, we can pray, fast, and speak in tongues until the cows come home, yet we will be of little effect against the enemy of our soul.  I say we get back to the basics.

Sing:  Jesus use me, O' Lord don't refuse me, for surely there's a work that I can do, and even though it's humble, Lord help my will to crumble, though the cost be great, I'll work for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment