Wednesday, March 16, 2011

2011 March 16 - Morning Manna

I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.  (1 Timothy 2:1-4)

Today's Morsel: How many of you pray for your leaders?  How much time do you spend praying for the leaders of your country?  How many of you pray for everyone you know?  I've noticed that politics makes and causes many enemies and much division, even in the church.  I wonder what God would do to the leadership of a country, organization, or business if we prayed for them.  I believe that our prayers, first and foremost, should be what Paul said about all men and that is that they would be saved.  If your leaders aren't saved, you can rest assured they aren't going to lead and govern godly.  So don't look for it nor expect it.   When Israel was in bondage under Pharaoh, they prayed to God to be delivered.  And the Lord told Moses, "I have heard the cry of my people, go and tell Pharaoh to let my people go."  Scripture says,"And the LORD appeared to Solomon by night, and said unto him, I have heard thy prayer, and have chosen this place to myself for an house of sacrifice. If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people; If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land" (2 Chronicles 7:12-14). I believe that it is time that we, the people of God, heed His word so that the land can be healed. Do I have any takers?

Sing:  Jesus, keep me near the cross, there a precious fountain, free to all a healing scream, flows from Calvary's mountain.
In the cross, in the cross, be my glory ever; till my raptured soul shall find, rest beyond the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment