Tuesday, March 15, 2011

2011 March 15 - Morning Manna

"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God" (Romans 12:1-2).

Today's Morsel:  I have come to realize that if nothing changes, nothing changes.  If we say that we are born again, then that means that we are to be changed into the image of Jesus Christ.  But if there is no change in our actions, attitudes, affections, and affirmation, then we haven't changed.  John said, "He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked" (1 John 2:6).  If I say that I am a Christian and no one can tell it, then I probably haven't changed.  If my walk isn't the same as His walk, and I am still walking in the flesh and not the Spirit, then I haven't changed.  If I'm not carrying a cross, then I haven't changed.  Jesus died on a cross.  The flesh died, but the Spirit was made alive. Thus, when we die through repentance, we crucify the flesh, and we are now to live and walk in the Spirit and no longer the flesh.  When I picked up my cross, I died to this world.  I don't look like the world, I don't act like the world, and I don't stake claim to the world.  Repentance is death to this world.  And until we die to it, we aren't carrying a cross, we are just faking it.  Scripture says, "There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things? I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem? I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish" (Luke 13:1-5).  In other words, if we don't change our direction we are going to perish.  "Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else," Jesus said (Isaiah 45:22).  Salvation always begin with change.  And that change starts in our minds.

Sing:  Change my heart O' God, make it ever true, change my heart O' God, may I be like You!

No comments:

Post a Comment