Monday, March 14, 2011

2011 March 14 - Morning Manna

Wherefore say unto the children of Israel, I am the LORD, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will rid you out of their bondage, and I will redeem you with a stretched out arm, and with great judgments: And I will take you to me for a people, and I will be to you a God: and ye shall know that I am the LORD your God, which bringeth you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians. And I will bring you in unto the land, concerning the which I did swear to give it to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob; and I will give it you for an heritage: I am the LORD. And Moses spake so unto the children of Israel: but they hearkened not unto Moses for anguish of spirit, and for cruel bondage. (Exodus 6:6-9)

Today's Morsel: Often when I read scriptures, I wonder why so many of the children of Israel never saw Moses as trying to help them instead of adding more work and burdens to them?  Scripture says that they hearkened not to Moses for anguish of Spirit, and for cruel bondage.  They accused him for what they were going through, and therefore, they wouldn't listen to him.  They said it was Moses' fault for their suffering and anguish, not Pharaoh's.  They felt if Moses had stayed in his place, they would have had the things they needed to meet their daily task.  It wasn't Moses' fault that they were in bondage, it was their own forefathers' fault for selling Joseph into slavery.   Moses was just doing what God told him to do to set them free.   Do you get mad with your leaders when things aren't going your way and then you no longer listen to them?  It's true, everything rises and falls upon leadership.  It seems that leadership suffers the blame for things that go wrong in peoples lives.  The Bible says that Moses was the meekest man, yet the people didn't see it that way.  They saw him as the cause of more cruel bondage, they never saw him as a liberator.  Even after their freedom from their Egyptian taskmasters, they still saw Moses as the cause for what they went through and for where they were now in the wilderness.  Someone said, "You couldn't please some people if you hung them with a new rope."   God is using His ministers to set us free, so don't see your pastor as someone causing you more anguish and bondage, see him as God's liberator sent to bring you freedom from bondage.
 
Sing: Come, ye disconsolate, wherever ye languish, come to the mercy seat, and fervently kneel.  Here bring your wounded hearts, here tell your anguish; Jesus said, earth, earth has no sorrow, that heaven cannot heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment