Monday, April 5, 2010

2010 April 5 - Morning Manna

When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet (Proverbs 3:24).


Today’s Morsel: Lately I’ve been listening to and hearing folks talking about having trouble sleeping at night . Some people say it’s because we have so many lights that are left on in our houses during the night. You know, all those little digital lights on the clock, microwave, cell phones, night lights for the kids to see how to get to the bathroom, and outside lights used for burglar protection all hinder many people from being able to get to sleep. Just what is the problem and why can’t people sleep? We see many advertisements to purchase the right mattress to help you get to sleep. Eating the right food before bed is suppose to help. Taking a certain pill is said to help. All these things are being advertized to help people sleep. How in the world have the children of God gotten themselves into such a knot that they can’t rest and find a peaceful night sleep? Solomon said, “Thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet." So where have we missed the mark? I conclude that when I lie down, I’m suppose to go to sleep. And not only that, but I'm also suppose to have sweet sleep. I shouldn't need to count the sheep jumping over the fence. I don’t need to count to one hundred backwards. I just lie down and I crash. Our rest is to be worry free and without problems. David said, “He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters” (Psalms 23:2). Green pastures are a place of rest and relaxation. If you are having trouble sleeping, then why not try spending some time with the Lord before you go to bed, as He always gives His beloved peace. Jesus said, “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest” (Matthew 11:28). If you need rest, Jesus is your answer. Always remember, “Jesus will keep you in perfect peace, if you keep your mind stayed on Him and you trust in Him (wording mine) (Isaiah 26:3).

Sing: Sweep over my soul, sweep over my soul;, sweet Spirit, sweep over my soul. My rest is complete, while I sit at his feet; sweet Spirit, sweep over my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment