Monday, April 29, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 April 29

Try Hard Work

 

“Hard work always pays off; mere talk puts no bread on the table” (Proverbs 14:23 The Message Bible)

 

Today’s Morsel: One of the things that I often given God thanks for is Him allowing me to be born and raised in the country on a farm. Even though we were a sharecropper’s kids and the work was oftentimes hard, I can say that I learned so much from that experience, and it has paid off. A lot of the lessons that I learned on the farm, I was not even aware of at the time.  Yet now that I have come into the church and the knowledge of the truth, I am aware of how much I learned as a child growing up.  Once I became born again, and began to read my Bible, and hear the messages being preached, I realized that most of the things that we learned on the farm were all taken directly from the Bible. When I read and heard the parable that Jesus told about the Sower, that he went to sow his seed, I could relate to what he was talking about. Our hard work paid off and I can say that there was not a day that I can remember in my life in which there was no bread on our table. We always had food to eat and, in some cases, we were able to feed others. Paul admonished the church at Thessalonica:“Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us. For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you; Neither did we eat any man's bread for nought; but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you: Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us. For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.” (2 Thessalonians 3:6-10) I promise you; hard work will not kill you. It will leave a legacy for your family and others.

 

Sing: When He call me, I will answer. When He call me, I will hear. When He call me, I will answer, I’ll be somewhere working for my Lord.

I’ll be somewhere working, I’ll be somewhere working, I’ll be somewhere, working for my Lord; I’ll be somewhere working, I’ll be somewhere working, I’ll be somewhere working for my Lord. 

 

Thought For Today: Handouts are okay, but you will never see yourself as a man if you don’t go to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment