Friday, April 19, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 April 19

 

Don’t Take on The Spirit of the Narcissist

 

“Boast not thyself of to morrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth. Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips. A stone is heavy, and the sand weighty; but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both.” (Proverbs 27:1-3)

 

Today’s Morsel: Narcissism seems to be taking center stage in the world. People are self-centered, self-important, and self-loved. It’s all about oneself. My space, my right, my life, my body, my church, my home, my money, my, my, my, it’s all about me. When we become self-centered and egotistical, we are headed for self-destruction. Solomon states that “A stone is heavy, and the sand weighty; but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both.” In other words, when it’s all about you, foolishness is about to bring you down. Jesus has already told us that without Him we can do nothing (John 1 5:5). So, keep that narcissistic attitude as far away from you as you can. A $5 bag of potato chips still has more air in the bag than chips. And God doesn’t have a problem with letting your air out and hanging your dirty laundry on the clothesline for everyone to see.  So, let me encourage you, “Do justly, and love mercy, and walk humbly with thy God?” (Micah 6:8) 

 

Sing: I’m so glad that the Lord saved me, I’m so glad that the Lord saved me. If it had not been for Jesus, where would I be. I’m so glad that the Lord saved me.

 

Thought For Today: “Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.” (James 4:14)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment