Thursday, April 11, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 April 11

You Better Check Yourself

 

“Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?” 

(2 Corinthians 13:5)

 

Today’s Morsel: How often do you check yourself based on the word of God to see if you are still on track? Because many work outside the home and are bi-vocational, it’s easy to get off track. You can slowly be drawn right back into your own way of life if you are not careful. Worldly music that you grew up with. Laughing at risqué jokes, making false comments, altering your timecards, taking shortcut instead of doing a good job. Setting a poor example in appearance, taking sick leave when not being sick. We must be careful of gradualism. Jesus said that the man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and he fell among thieves, and they wounded him leaving him half dead.  Apparently, the man didn’t check himself to see if he had anything to defend himself. You must ensure that you have the sword of the spirit, and the weapons of your warfare with you and that you are ready always. Remember what the apostle Paul said, “But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.” (2 Corinthians 11:3). Keep a close eye on yourself and your actions.

 

Sing: I put my foot on the rock, my name on the roll, when it’s called up yonder, I won’t worry about my soul; I know my home is waiting and it’s something to behold, because I put my foot on the rock and my name on the roll.

 

Thought For Today: “How are the mighty fallen, and the weapons of war perished!” (2 Samuel 1:27)

No comments:

Post a Comment