Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Morning Mana by Rufus Parker - 2024 April 30

 Good Qualities 

“Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips.” (Proverbs 27:2)

 

Today’s Morsel: A few days ago, I talked about not allowing that narcissistic spirit to attach itself to you. The world is being overran with this spirit and few wants to help others. When I was the Commandant of the U.S. Army, Quartermaster Center and School, some soldiers would come to school and would strive to be the honor graduate of their class and they would not try to help their fellow soldiers in anyway during the course. And so I changed the rules for a soldier to be considered to receive that honor. Each class was broken down into small groups of about 12-15 soldiers. And it would be those 12-15 soldiers from each small group that would select the soldier from their group that they felt had contributed most to others and the class during their time at the school. Those who were selected had good qualities that were seen and they were being honored by others. It has been stated that it is far more impressive when others discover your good qualities without your help.

 

Sing: I want to live the way He wants me to live; I want to give, until there’s just no more to give; I want to love, love, till there’s just no more love; I can never, never out love the Lord.

 

Thought For Today: “As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.” (Galatians 6:10)   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment